Rockefeller Guest House
- Architect: Philip Johnson
- Completed: 1949
The Rockefeller Guest House was designed by Philip Johnson* in 1949 and completed in 1950 for his patron at MoMA Blanchette Rockefeller. The Glass House was under construction between 1948-1949 and the detailing of the Guest House is clearly an urban implementation of the Glass House. Often called the Urban Glass House, it’s on 52nd street at Third Avenue and combines the elements from the Brick House at the base with the Glass House up on top.
*Philip Johnson was a fascist and supported Nazis, and it’s not clear how we deal with someone who spent a better part of a decade supporting and leading local fascist organizations.